Save the Dates: 20 - 21st July 2017
Location: Flinders University | Bedford Park Campus, Adelaide South Australia
Innovation as a driver for the creation of the new economy places increased demand for new knowledge and its application. Higher Education is challenged with the need to chart new forms of knowledge partnerships that respond to calls for greater engagement that is grounded in the needs of communities: from the hyper local to the global.
It is through the engagement agenda that higher education gives form to the nature of its response to this central challenge: how do we harness the benefits of collaboration and partnership to create culture, entrepreneurship and knowledge?
The 14th international conference of engaged scholars and practitioners convened by Engagement Australia, will explore this question through diverse perspectives on the role for engaged universities as catalysts for resilience, the importance of new forms of experiential learning to optimise employability outcomes, the role for national frameworks and benchmarks to enable a future transition that is centred on the role of universities in shaping societies, economies and communities.
In this new engaged era, there is an increasing understanding of the role for joined-up activity that perceives strength in alliance, increased capacity through collaboration and network connectivity as key. This is the era for the engaged practitioner, educator and researcher who are at the forefront of this response and at the intersection of creation and application; theory and practice; university and industry; economy and civil society.
Connect with colleagues through topical presentations, dialogue and workshops on the ways in which their higher education engagement agenda creates culture, entrepreneurship and knowledge.
- Provide a forum for provocative and interactive discussion about University - Community Engagement in Australia and internationally;
- Provide an opportunity for universities and communities to showcase University - Community Engagement research, theoretical aspects and best practice;
- Engage with individuals and organisations outside of the higher education sector in order to better sustain University - Community Engagement;
- Provide a venue for high quality research that uses University - Community Engagement as a methodology;and
- Attract new members, individuals, institutions and organisations, to Engagement Australia from across Australia and internationally
Conference partners, sponsors, presenters and delegates are encouraged to think about how these themes play out in the context of their own work in particular, and how they relate to University - Community Engagement in general
We encourage attendance from a broad range of educators, researchers and practitioners, including:
- Academics interested in the scholarly dimensions of engagement through specific teaching, research or service activities undertaken by universities;
- Students interested in engagement with communities, whether as a research focus, an engaged experience or area of passion and interest;
- Managers and leaders in universities and education providers focused on how to structure, strategise and development engagement within their institutions;
- Practitioners working in community, government, business and industry organisations focused on enhancing connectivity with higher education for mutual benefit.
Definitely not! The annual Engagement Australia conference brings together a diverse group of academics and practitioners from a range of organisations to converse, share, learn and inspire. It is the premier annual gathering of engaged scholars and practitioners in Australia that regularly attracts international attendance through our affiliation with the Talloires Network.
It is not a traditional academic conference. We do have concurrent streams for presenting research insights, but we also have workshops, roundtables and storytelling sessions that seek to create many ways in which delegates can have a voice and engage.
A key feature of this year's conference is the focus on relevant issues facing universities as they seek to engage with their diverse community within and beyond Australia.
The conference represents an ideal opportunity for your organisation to be an integral part of this event and to demonstrate your commitment to supporting University-Community Engagement.
More details on opportunities contact our conference coordinator via email email@example.com